Dr. Vaskar Sengupta
Over 17 years experience in hotel operations and 16 years in training and course development: delivering training, designing and writing courses, leading teams of trainers, and directing enterprise initiatives.
A proven track record of significant improvements in learning processes, productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction while reducing costs, and maintaining a positive work environment. Dynamic leader, strategic thinker and decision-maker. Expertise includes:
- Design/Delivery of Training
- Subject Matter Expert: rooms division, food and beverage
- Adult Learning Principles
- Technical & Leadership Course Training
- Needs Assessment & Training
- Session plan and content development
A proven ability to deliver solutions capable of ensuring a smooth operation in the realm of Hospitality.
Spearheading the opening of two hospitality institutes in Delhi and Greater Noida. Experience of being associated with universities like Indraprastha University, Kurukshetra University, Mahamaya Technical University and Amity University.
- Doctor Honoris Causa.
- BTEC national Diploma in Hotel Catering and Institutional Operations from Chesterfield College of Tech and Arts, UK
- City and Guilds 706 certificate in micro computers and business applications.UK
EDUCATION IN INDIA
- First class Masters Degree in Hotel and Tourism Management
- First Class Diploma in HMCTAN.
- Graduation with Math’s (Hons) from Sambalpur University, Orissa.
- Intermediate member of Hotel Catering and International Management Association, UK.
- Member/convener of Board of Studies of BHMCT for UP Technical University. Lucknow.
- Certified Trainer for American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute.
Mr Kunal Seth
Pursuing Ph.D. from Chhartapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur
First class in M.Sc. Hotel Management, BA, and a 3 year Diploma in Hotel management
- He is an Alumunus of NCHMCT of 1993 batch. He has over 22 years of experience. He has worked as a Chef in the Industry for over a decade with organizations of International repute. He also has 12 years experience in academics and has held key positions in Colleges and Universities of repute in Northern India and NCR. He is a life member and an close associate of Indian Culinary Forum and a Certified F&B Production Instructor, AHLA, U.S.A
- He has organised and attended Faculty Development Programme “Life Long Learning”, 14th-26th May 2012, sponsored by AICTE
- He has attended ‘The Inaugural India International Hotel, Travel & Tourism Research Conference: Examining and Debating Trends, Challenges and Issues , from 19th t0 22nd January 2011 and Participated in a seminar on “ Mysteries of Korean Baking & New Confectionery” organized by AIB International & Assocom on 22ndJune 2010.
- He has featured as a Chef on “SEEDHE RASOI SE”, a cookery show on S1 channel.
- He has been awarded appreciation for “Excellence in Leadership” from Ambassador’s Sky Chef , Narang Hotels PVT LTD. as Chef coordinator for Air India.
Ms. Savita Sharma
Assistant Professor, Warden Girls' Hostel
A postgraduate in Tourism Management and graduate in Hospitality & Hotel Administration from IHM Lucknow (National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology, Pusa, New Delhi). Ms. Sharma is currently pursuing Ph.D. in the area of Corporate Social Responsibility and holds more than 12 years of experience. She is also a Certified Hospitality Educator (CHE) from American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute and she specializes in Rooms Division Management.
She has authored about 05 books for different universities. She has participated in a numbers of FDPs to keep herself updated and presented papers at National and International seminars and conferences. She has proposed syllabus for various universities at graduate level and short term programs. Prior to this organization, she was igniting the young brains of IHM, Mumbai. She has been awarded as “Best Groomed Trainee” during the industrial training at Hotel Hyatt Regency, New Delhi (2002). She stood first in Quiz Competition at National Level organized by All India Radio (1998) and also positioned first in Table Tennis at National Level organized by K.V. Sangathan (1997). She is a very dynamic and competent professional working as Assistant Professor and also holds the responsibility of Girls’ hostel as Warden.
Mr. Subir Kumar Malakar
Assistant Professor and Chef Trainer
A Graduate in Hospitality and Tourism and three years in Hotel Management from IHM Bhopal (National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology, Pusa, New Delhi). Mr. Malakar holds more than 20 years of experience in the profession (Six years in Academics and 14 years in Industry). He has a very diverse industry background which includes 5 Star Hotels (Hotel Clarks Shiraz and Rajvillas, an Oberoi Hotel), Luxury Cruise Liners (Celebrity cruises based in Florida USA), Oil Rigs (Noble ed Noble-Exxon Mobil- USA), Industrial Catering (Elf Camp and Eleme Petrochemical- West Africa), Institutional catering, and Fine Dining Restaurant (Jack Tertle Muskaka Grills- Canada). He has a specialization in continental cooking (Hot and cold), Thermacol Cutting, Vegetable and Wax Carving. Apart from academic and industry qualified chef he has advance fire fighting training and certification and Advance certification in deep water survival course. Other achievements includes best employee award (twice) in cruise liner and first prize winner in vegetable carving in inter-college carving competition (1995)
He is a very dynamic and competent professional in culinary arts, working as Assistant Professor and also holds the responsibility as course coordinator, Member-Board of Studies, Mentor, and Ansal University coordinator for IHG (InterContinental Hotel Group) Academy.
Ms. Tanvi Beniwal
An alumnus of Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (IHM, Chandigarh) and has worked with some most renowned academic organizations like Jamia Millia Islamia University, Panjab University and Kurukshetra University. She holds a degree in Hospitality Administration, master’s degree in hotel management and was awarded a gold medal. Tanvi is currently pursuing a PhD in Customer Relationship Management Practices in Hotel Industry from Kurukshetra University. She is an avid researcher and has published 13 research papers in leading national and international journals. She has also presented several papers at various national and international conferences.
She possesses good organizational skills and successfully organized big events like World Tourism Day and Theme Lunch during her stint at Panjab University. With the help of real world examples, Tanvi is enthusiastic about sharing her diverse learnings and knowledge with new aspirants on the threshold of promising careers.